Monday, July 27, 2009

Rain, Rain

There has been so much rain here lately, it's ridiculous. Every day, it rains! Like, you'll be driving down the road, then all of a sudden it's like, "nope, can't take the scenic route, it's flooded!". Oy with the rain already.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good thunderstorm. I am all about pretty lightening that illuminates the entire sky and booming thunder that scares the crap out of dogs everywhere. Summer storms are great. It gives one a great excuse to cuddle on the couch and read. Or whatever. Regardless, ENOUGH with the rain! As I write this, a big black cloud is slowly approaching, and I'm pretty sure in about a half hour or so, the downpour will commence. Where are we, Ireland? I'm also mad at the rain because it ruined my pedicure. Screw you random foot deep puddles everywhere! If I have to play softball in the rain tonight, I"m gonna be pissed! Like I need to add "slipping in a puddle" to my list of possible softball related calamities. Geez weather, I'm spazzy enough as it is thank you.

That being said, there is always this:




DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!

There the Earth goes, randomly impressing me with it's beauty again. I guess that makes the rain kind of worth it, cause how cool are rainbows? I'm a person that likes to know things, especially random things, so I just googled "what makes a rainbow" and I started reading, but you know what? I don't really care. Some things are just more fun to wonder about. Some times when you know the truth, you become a lot less filled with wonder. Like with Santa. Or Unicorns. How depressing was that day as a child when you realized there are no such creatures as unicorns? "Sooooooo, you're telling me I'll never be able to find a unicorn in the forest, no matter how long and hard I look?" It's a little sad. At least it was for me, a child for whom adventures and mysteries and treks and trees were a huge part of life (okay they still are..)

Anyway, I have no idea where I'm going with this, but now I've just googled "unicorns", and I can see this becoming a never ending cycle, so I"m just going to stop writing now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails