Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter!



I swear, this is the last Harry Potter post for..a while, I mean, how much can I possibly talk about Harry Potter? The answer to that question is...a lot, but I"ll refrain.

I thought the movie was great, especially if you are a fan of the books. I can see however, how someone who has never read any of the books might be a leeetle bit confused as to what the hell is going on. Nonetheless...great movie. The person who does the casting for this moving is absolutely brilliant I must say, because they get the characters dead on every time. Jim Broadbent as Professor Slughorn? Perfection! I guess this can also be credited to JK Rowling's skill as a writer that she can describe her characters so completely.

The theatre was basically full, and it was pretty amazing how quiet it was. I mean, during Dumbledore's death scene, you couldn't even hear people breathing. I was pretty amazed, because usually you get at least one annoying group of people who don't shut up, but not at this movie!

I've recently decided that if anyone asks me the "who are the three living people you would have lunch with if you could?" question in the near future, JK Rowling would for sure be on my list. I can't imagine how cool it would be to have lunch with her.

As for the other two people, I used to think one would always be Madonna, because I have been a huge fan of hers since I can remember (one day I'll do a post on how exactly this came about)...but I would be really worried she would actually turn out to be a huge biatch. And I think that would crush me just a little bit. So I"m unsure if Madonna would make the list. As for the third person, that remains a toss up. Bill Bryson? Rick Steves? Amy Sedaris? (how funny would that lunch be?) Anyway, this has gone off topic.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is a grrrreat movie, and as always, it is nice to see that magical world come to life.

Off to the shelter soon to see my puppies...I'm excited!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails