Friday, April 4, 2008

Ponderings

Lately, I've been feeling kinda....conflicted. I feel like I want to be anywhere but here, yet at the same time, I feel like I want to be nowhere but here. I am starting to carve out a kind of lovely existence for myself here, after much hammering and chiseling. In many ways, I feel like this is where I am meant to be. But parts of me still crave adventure. I want to take off, go anywhere, and just roam free for a while. Discover new things, meet new people...learn some new lessons about life. It is these two extremes, and I haven't figured out yet if somewhere in there, there is a happy medium, or if I have to choose one or the other. Can I be a homebody and a nomad at the same time? Can I go out, have an adventure, then come back here and have everything be the same as when I left? I suppose somewhere along the line, something has to give. I just haven't figured out what that something is yet.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails