Saturday, February 14, 2009

Little Loves

Since it is Valentine's Day, I thought it would appropriate to post about the current loves of my life. Although...I guess I"ll probably never see them again. Ahhh, better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all.

I started hanging out with these little guys and girls about five weeks ago, when they looked like this:


They were tiny and alien esque, and my immediate thought upon seeing them was I must take one of these home with me. Alas, it wasn't meant to be because they have grown into very large, bouncy puppies, who have pretty much all (I"m sure as I'm typing this, the last ones are being signed away) been adopted. Adopted by families that sure as hell better keep them forever. Even the crazy one that jumps and lunges at you constantly. My arms and hands bear witness to the fact that these dogs are growing quickly, and so are their teeth and nails. Mangled hands.

The second week we went, all they did was this:


and, excuse me while I go die from cuteness.

Oh my gah, is she still talking about the puppies? yes. I've managed to contain the pictures and ramblings to one long puppy post, so I think that is pretty good.

I've taken pictures and videos of these 9 puppies like they were my own. I wish I could have gotten a picture of all 9 of them together, but I'm pretty sure that would have been near impossible given there are 9 of them, and they never stop moving, except to sleep and when they sleep it is all in a heap, and you can't tell there are nine of them anyway.

During our time with the puppies, we tried to teach them stuff all puppies should know: don't bite (fail), don't pee on the floor (fail), don't try to attack and kill each other (epic fail). Although I must say there was a lot less biting of people last night, but a whole lot more, I'm going to eat my sibling behaviour.

Is she done yet?? Almost.

This is what they looked like last night, all grown up and ready to head off to exciting things (oh god, if I ever have children, they are soooo doomed):

So big, still so cute, so over getting their picture taken.

One day, those little puppies will look like this:

or this

or who the hell even knows what, because nobody knows what kind of dogs they are. Mom was a little skanky, and dad was a deadbeat. Only one of the kids turned out crazy, so that's not too shabby.

Anyway,large wrinkly dog + small apartment would not be a good mix. So all I can do is hope they are going to good homes, with good people.

Now, their Mom, Babe, needs to find a home and I will consider this a very happy ending to a very cute and puppy filled story.

Alright, now I'm done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH, how I'll miss those puppies! That second dog picture is amazing... I need a huge, wrinkly dog in my life. Also, SOOO happy about Echo! Yes!

- Kristen

Related Posts with Thumbnails