Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 Years.

I can't think of anything else to write about on September 11, then the fact that it is September 11th. I can't believe it has been seven entire years since 9/11. I remember exactly where I was so clearly, as I am sure most people do.

I remember thinking that day seven years ago, when I first heard what had happened and before anybody really knew what the hell was going on, I thought, "oh my god, that's so many people". and it was. 2750 approximately. And that was just in New York City.

The longer that day went on, and the more details that came out, the more horrified I obviously became. When everyone thought it was just an accident, it was horrible, but when all of a sudden, there was a war going on in our backyard, it was unbelievable. It is still unbelievable actually. Even after going to New York a couple of times and seeing that yes, indeed, those buildings are gone...looking back on that day, it still seems like some kind of movie. Everybody was so shell shocked. I wish it was a movie.

I never could, never will, understand the purpose of war. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

7 years ago today. shit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails