Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Up!



I went to see this movie last night, and I gotta say, it's pretty great. Maybe I just have too much love for animated Pixar movies, but I think this is definitely one of the best movies I have seen all year. I laughed, I cried! And the great thing is, it is in 3D, so when you begin crying at the Pixar movie for children, it is hidden behind the dark shades of the 3D glasses. It's a win win situation really. 3D movie-win! Being able to secretly cry at said 3D movie-Win!

The detail in these kind of movies always amazes me...like, it must take forever! Throughout the movie, the old man character doesn't shave, so he very subtly gets stubble. I found it quite fascinating. Children's movies have progressed greatly since the Fantasia days of my youth!

The only nitpick I have about this movie is the poor rap Dobermans, Rotties and Pitbulls get in it. Like they don't have it bad enough already without being demonized in yet another movie. Stop perpetuating dog stereotypes! haha, other than that though, I would definitely recommend this movie to everyone. It was so good I want to be able to carry it around in my pocket so I can sporadically watch it whenever I feel like.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails