Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random Thoughts.

It is a little too hot in the kitchen for me to concentrate long enough to write something poignant. Or something funny. Really, all I wanna do right now is run through a sprinkler. Damn you humidity!! This entry is going to be in point form, cause...it doesn't get much easier than that.

*I need to remember to spellcheck these posts. I always forget, then I reread it, and there is inevitably a spelling error, and I just think, "gawddd, people must think I"m dumb".

*I almost got jumped on by a squirrel today. This would be my worst fear come true people. I think perhaps squirrels can detect fear, much like dogs. My entire walk past Montebello Park every day consists of me suppressing a large urge to run and scream like an idiot because there are just that many squirrels.

*If I ever, for whatever reason, meet kitten killer Yaroslav Kotsyub in person, I'm going to kick him in the balls eight times. I think an appropriate punishment would be this: okay, asshole, you threw a kitten off a balcony and then ran him/her over with your car, so therefore, we are going to throw you off a balcony, and run over you with a car, so you can see how it feels. Maybe not run over his whole self, but like a foot or something. Every time I read a story like this, I lose a little bit more faith in human beings.

*I like my job, and I like the people I work with, but I know in my heart...and my head, that it is not where I am meant to be. I can confirm this, because I often spend part of my days daydreaming about where I would rather be. That has been true for every job I have ever had. Where I want to be is sitting in my office at home, writing stories. I want to be travelling around the world, taking pictures, meeting people, experiencing life, and then writing about it. I want it so much, that I can't really imagine myself being really happy with any other job. And I'm trying to get there, but a little thing called money continuously gets in my way. So I need to work at it slowly. The problem is, I keep letting other things get in the way, and these things are pushing me farther and farther away from achieving these goals. Arg. All I really want out of life is this: a nice place to always come home too, the freedom, money and balls to do what I really want to do, a dog, and someday a family which will include a baby I've adopted from China. That's all!

*I've used the word balls twice...three times in this post now, annnnd I think I like it and should probably say it more often. On that note, I really want to learn more yiddish words, because yiddish is awesome. I use "Chupah", "oy vey", "oy gevalt" and "Mazel Tov" quite routinely, but I think I need to integrate more words.

*Sometimes Facebook really gets on my nerves. Where do all these random applications come from? I never recall signing up for them, yet there they are, splattering all over my stupid profile. Also...the people that sometimes find me on Facebook astonishes me. In a bad way. In an Amy Poehler, Seth Myers, "Really?" kind of way.

Anyhoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing that keeps us from doing want we truly want are the limits we place on ourselves.
sp

Related Posts with Thumbnails