Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Do The Right Thing

I don't know...I think this is the "year of the conundrum" for me or something. Situations just keep arising, and I'm not too sure what to do about any of them.

I remember in my intro to film class in university watching the movie Do the Right Thing. I remember thinking what a great movie it was. A lot of that movie sticks out in my mind, but I find myself just always going back to the title Do the Right Thing. It seems like the easy, logical answer in most situations. Just do the right thing.

But sometimes it is hard to know what exactly the right thing is. It is not always so cut and dry. It's convoluted and yucky, and 10 million things play into it. And sometimes it's like...do I do the right thing for me, or do I do the right thing for another person? What is more important? How much of oneself should a person give up or push away in order to please other people? I dunno. Maybe the answer seems obvious to some people, but it's not for me.

This year sucks for far, in terms of having to make decisions. I would just like it to be easy for once.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails