Sunday, January 4, 2009

Vacation Over...

Tomorrow it is back to work, I have yet to decide how I feel about this. I do know that I will miss sleeping in. I love sleep!

Today was one of those days that just goes on forever. Not really in a bad way, but it is just like...you look at the time and keep thinking, "how is it only 1, or 2, or 6?". It has been a nice, relaxing day, but in a weird sort of way. And it is only 8 o'clock, but I feel as though I should be waking up for work already. En.

Today, I finished yet another hilarious book by Jen Lancaster...seriously, funniest lady ever. I hardly ever laugh out loud while reading books, and I've read two of her books so far, and they have both cracked me up. I would love to go to a reading of hers. Bitter is the New Black and Such A Pretty Fat. Read them! (If you are a memoir loving person much like myself)

Yesterday, I stopped by the book store, and literally bought an armload of books. There were sales happening, so it wasn't that bad in the money department, but I'm pretty sure I have issues. I have so many books it is kind of ridiculous. Like, I really will need a special room in a house to keep them all. Such as...a library. Preferably the library from Beauty and the Beast with the moving ladder. Yes. One day. Every time I go into the book store now, I end up buying something. It is quickly becoming a favourite hobby. I love getting a coffee, and then wandering and looking at books. It is quite possibly in the top ten of my favourite activities.

I can't decide if this is sad or not, but either way, I don't really care, because it is an excellent way to pass the time when one is bored.

I'm not dreading going back to work, and I take that as a good sign. As in, I don't hate this job too much yet. I'm well on my way to being employed there for an entire year. Go me! I do miss downtown, and I miss my almost daily wanderings, so I"m looking foward to getting back to that.

Anyway. So starts another year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails