Saturday, February 16, 2008

Musings

I"m not trying to get all philosophical with the title of this blog, and I know that it is bordering on fluffy, but at the same time, it pretty much describes my life at the moment.

The other day, my friend and I were chilling in her kitchen, and we left a container of juice resting precariously on the edge of the sink. My friend Leen gasped "now that's an accident waiting to happen, as she grabbed it off the counter. To this, I replied, "Dude, life is an accident waiting to happen". "True, " she said. After, I thought, hmm, that tiredness enduced thought is bordering on brilliant.

After all, life is always just there, waiting for us to make mistakes. That is the only way we learn things really. At least the important things. I didn't feel this way until recently, right around the time I began this fun journey called "being 24". That's a whole other topic though.

Right now, this writing, is the result of three years of mistakes and wrong turns. I feel like because of those mistakes and wrong turns, I'm getting a lot closer to figuring this whole thing out. I"m slowly starting to creep in the right direction. So yes, here's to that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails