Thursday, February 25, 2010

My last day...

and it's odd, I feel kind of...sad. I guess that is to be expected when any era of your life ends. I've been at this job longer than I've ever been at any job, and I must admit that it has gotten real cozy. So cozy in fact that if I didn't shake myself and move on, I probably would have fallen into some kind of boredom induced coma.

The people that I work with are super and nice and have just been so very lovely for the whole time I've been here, but the work itself? I really need to do something that is not only more challenging, but something that I'm a little more passionate about.

I will not miss the mailman though. No person in the history of my entire life has ever annoyed me as much as that guy. He is seriously ridiculous, and I cannot handle him. Everytime I see him, I am left with a feeling of rage that doesn't go away for about 15 minutes. Even just writing about him makes me agitated. annnnd breathe.

So as much as this is needed, a little bit of fear is creeping in, because what if I fail miserably? I'm totally happy about this decision, but the looming future is a little stressful is all. That being said...I'm totally excited!!!

So I'm off to see my dog buds soon, then I'm going skiing tomorrow, then I'm leaving for Florida on Monday night. Florida will basically be a working vacation, and honestly, work will probably be necessary to fill the time. Because I'm not entirely sure what there is to do in Florida beside sit on the beach for extended periods of time. Which is fine...I'll just be doing that like a total nerd with my laptop. As long as there is no snow, I will be happy as can be.

Annnd, I will be able to start actually posting more regularly. Change...it's a comin.

3 comments:

Nuke Girl said...

Yeah, I know how you feel... I always feel that way leaving a job that's comfortable and familiar (even if it is slightly despised). The unknown is so scary and so exciting at the same time; and kudos to you for being brave enough to explore it because many people aren't. You will do great! And have fun in Florida... depending on where you go, there's lots of eye candy down there too! ;)

carissa said...

I know that mixed feeling "feeling"... As much as I dislike my place of employment, I would feel kind of lost and sad if I left.

How you feel about your mailman is probably very similar to the way I feel about the crossing lady near my house. I want to ram into her daily, but I have to keep telling myself "the children are watching... remember the children"

Candice said...

I would love to hear more about this mailman...

and hooray for new beginnings. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails